Monday, October 26, 2015

Doodle Tin - Usborne

In last week's post I talked about different items I have in my purse one were my ‘doodle cards’. I would recommend these to any Mommy or Moment Mommy. This tin contains 80 cards that have creative prompts, one on each side, to inspire a child to draw something. I have divided them into smaller groups and punching holes in one of the corner, placing a ring through the holes. This allows me to divide them among different children or  rotate through them, each week, and lightens the load. I also bought the fine tips white board markers so there is more variety of colors this also lightens the weight of what I need to carry.  A tip to save you some elbow grease whip the cards clean after the children are done otherwise it is very hard to clean them up.  


Most of the time the children that use them could care less about the prompts suggestions they just like to cover the fun pictures with their own scribbles, there are also those that get excited about the challenge the prompts suggest. So, it works for children of different developmental stages and temperaments. This allow a child to explore their own creativity and keeps them entertained for a while. All the children I have invited to draw on them enjoy and are entertain for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment