Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Knock on the Door


Over the summer I was doing a little Nannying for a family in need. This family lived in a fun little neighborhood. I in fact knew many of the children I would see in the yards playing. I had taught them or one of their siblings at some point. I was sure to stop and talk to them or at least say hi when ever I saw them. Well, one day while Nannying there was a knock on the door this was not uncommon I figured it was a child or two  that was wanting to play with the children I was watching. With the baby in my arms I went to the door and answered it. To my surprise it was one of my students from my boy’s class over the last year. I assume he saw my car in his neighbor's driveway and came by and wanted to talk to me. The children I was watch went outside to play so we shared a few moments together talking. I don’t remember our conversation we had. I am sure it was one of simple loving friendship. This boy of 8 years brought me such joy by his actions of leaving what ever it was he was playing to come and say hi to me. I also realized in this moment that my efforts and love I put into teaching has it’s benefits like in this moment it is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment