Monday, February 2, 2015

A Step to Initiation

This past fall my sister-in-law and I decided to go to my parents for a visit with her three boys. It was a fun trip and our time there was wonderful, we grew closer together as sisters. Part of our journey to and from my parents house there is a road the over the years has gain a reputation, we call it the Winedy Twisty road. Car sickness is not uncommon for most people, I myself have troubles with it from time to time. Well, has we set off to travel back to Utah a 12 hour drive I sat between the two older boys 4 and 2 years of age. We started down this road and both these boys stomachs rebelled. Up came their once yummy breakfast. The nature of this road is that the driver can not stop it is too narrow  and dangerous so I got to hold bags to prevent further mess and then comfort and clean up after these two boys. While remaining well my self. I was able to step into the right attitude and help these boys beyond my normal ability.   


I feel therefore that I have completed a step in my initiation of my mommy moments. I had the great honor of cleaning up not one but after two car sick boys. Once out of this area we stopped at a gas station and finished helping these boys. Thinking back on it a smile comes to my face if not a little crooked. I was able to help these boys when they needed someone and I was able to rise to the occasion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment