Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Story Time

A few weeks ago I was watching my nephews and they were getting tired. Fighting with each other a bit so I asked if they would want to read a story and had the two older boys pick out a few books. I layed on the couch with the baby and one laid beside me the other above my head and they all listened to the stories quietly. A great peace came upon me and I am pretty sure the boys felt it too. We read book after book and they were all happy. How long this lasted I am not sure but that moment was a perfectly complete moment that I will treasure.


I have always loved to read and will always love to do so. I have on other occasions read to these boys but this night was a heaven on earth moment. Where my love of reading was successfully shared with these boys I love so much. There is truly power and peace in being able to pass something on that has changed your life and could change that of others.


"No book is really worth reading at the age of ten
which is not equally - and often far more 
worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond. 
Someday you will be old enough to
start reading 
fairy tales again."
-C.S. Lewis




No comments:

Post a Comment