Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Monochrome World?


For my  Thanksgiving  dance lesson plan I normally ask each child as I call role to tell me something that they are grateful for. The normal answers are cute and largely directed by previous conversation or the responses of other children.  For example if we were talking about Christmas everyone is grateful for presence or the new favorite is anything related to “Frozen”.  There are the insightful group that will talk about their families or God. Which I respect and understand. This particular little girl  was grateful for something that I had thought of only in passing if at all. The simpleness of  her answer was  a profound insight. She said this, “I am grateful for colors…. because this world would be very boring with only one color.” I wish I could explain exactly what took place inside me when I was given this response. It was like having an enlightening moment and something deep inside you changes. I began to see the world a little differently. I see the colors more  seriously now. This world would be very boring and bland without colors. Leave it to  a child to teach me how to better see the world around me. I have not been living in a world of one color yet I sure have not been seeing them all; now I am starting to.

No comments:

Post a Comment