Saturday, July 5, 2014

Boy in the Library

This past year I was able to help out in an older boy’s dance  classes. I got to know the boys pretty well and even helped with warm-ups and a few other things for their classes. During the summer there is not so much dance and time to do more things. I headed to the library to sign up for the adult summer reading program like I do every year and browse through the used books that they would be selling, at this time. As I was on one of the computers they had provided for the purpose of signing up for the for this program I hear a voice calling, “Miss Camilla”. I turn around and there stand a boy from one of my dance classes about age 10 or 11. He starts telling me about the books he is reading and giving me recommendations!  What was said is not the important thing it was the fact that this boy on his own free will recognized me and made the effort to show forth kindness. A kindness that he gave of his own free will. I enjoy seeing my student out and about out of the classroom but it is normally me that approaches them in this case he approached me and I thank him for it, it made my whole day and beyond.


How simple it is to bring cheer into another’s life! This boy effected me so much I feel to share it. Let us all do a little better and taking a Moment for kindness, who knows how it will affect someone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment