Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Walk of a Hundred Rests

I was watching my nephews for the evening it was a warm summer day so I thought a walk and a special trip to Deseret Industries (DI), thrift store, would be a fun destination as it was only a few blocks away.  I had some spare change and thought it would be a fun treat for them to pick something out that they could play with when at Aunty’s house.  Being in the stage of life that I am in I do not own a stroller I thought we would be fine it’s not that far. Luckily I only had two nephews at the time if I had three I would not have tried the venture.  We started out on our adventure this warm summer evening. Which quickly turned into a hot summer evening. I did however have the foresight to know it was not going to be a quick trip. So I had planned plenty of time. We headed out youngest nephew on my shoulders the older holding my hand. I wanted the boys to be the leaders to some degree and we stopped and looked and talked about whatever they saw. As well as stopped off under almost every tree, to rest in its shade. We would sit in the grass and play for a while and then pick up and keep going. We did make it to DI and they both pick out a toy. So they would have something to play with when they were at my place. These toys made the walk back even longer but I truly gained more evidence to the truthfulness of the statement, “It’s not the destination that matters its the journey!”  I had such a good time with them. It is so nice to take the time to slow down and see the world from a child’s eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment