Friday, August 29, 2014

Little Knight Out

On a certain Friday night. I went on a little date with a little knight. I picked him up after work. We shared a “Happy Meal” and let our inner child out by playing in a magical place of plastic. He impressed me with his agility by climbing up a course, strength by swinging on poles and critical thinking as he figured out how to operate a magical keyboard. From there we went over to my friends house and my little knight saved the day by helping me wash my car. Soaking the whole thing and managed to get soaked as well. Yet he didn’t stop there the evening could not be complete if he were the only one soaked so he shared the wealth with me and my friend.  He was super sweet the whole evening holding my hand and with a mighty effort tried to open the door for me, showing me that indeed chivalry is not dead; just in practice. We drove off into the sunset and I got him home just a little past his curfew.


Taking the time to have one on one time with my nephew was a blast and very worth it. I need to do this more and with my other nephews. It helps me get to know just him and how he interact with me by himself without his brothers. So here is a challenge to you and me: find a child to have an adventure with weather its a princess in a castle or a knight showing off his might. You just might have some fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment