Monday, June 9, 2014

Husband Hunt

There are times when I have  learned a lesson that I have needed while trying to teach a child a concept. The best example I have for this took place a few years ago when after teaching a class a little girl stayed and asked me if I were married. I informed her that I was not and that I had simply not found him yet. Well, she remembered this conversation the next week and stayed after class to ask me, “Miss Camilla, why haven’t you found your husband?”  My mind instantly started to spin has I tried to calm her mind, because she had obviously been thinking about it  for a week and she wanted to understand.  All this compiling took only a few seconds I am sure, but it felt longer. One came to mind after a bit I opened my mouth not having time to make sure it was the perfect analogy before I started. As I spoke as simply as possible I was taught.


Sometimes finding a husband is like finding that hard Easter Egg that your Dad hinds during an Easter Egg Hunt. He keeps telling you that it is there and that it will be worth it. He gives hints and tries to help you but it takes a long time sometimes to find it. Because you have to be the one to find it.

The girl seemed to accept this explanation and really I am not too sure how she reacted because I was too amazed what had just come out of my mouth. You know there is something to keeping things simple enough a child can understand. All the complexities are stripped away and you are left with the solid truth that we as adults like to build on and manipulate to find out our answers, maybe we are going about it the wrong way?

No comments:

Post a Comment