Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Push Off

Recently I was doing a temporary Nanny job for a week. If you have ever tried to jump in and help someone else's children can be a crazy experience. They have their traditions or routines and they get upset if you don’t do it right. Well naturally my first day was a tough one a lot of battles on who has the authority and how far they can push me etc.  We also managed to have mostly a good time however. The following day was much better as we got use to each other.  Then on the second day as I left I was given the best gift they could have given me.

The first time I came to the house their father was about to leave for work and they all wanted to ‘push him off’ meaning they wanted to push on the front of the car as he back out of the driveway.  It was a cute sight to see.  Well, on this second day one of the little girls all on her own fruition wanted to ‘push me off’ and she did so! The following day all the children wanted to do so; pushed me out of the driveway.  I had been accepted as part of their family on some level and I was very grateful for it. Children are so accepting.

No comments:

Post a Comment